Welcome to this week’s Survive The Coming Collapse Newsletter This week, I’m running what has become my annual day-after-Thanksgiving article with a few timely updates throughout.
On with this week’s issue…
I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I’m very thankful for family, friends, and the others who read this newsletter and send in great emails and comments. I really appreciate you. Although I don’t have time to reply to every comment and email, reading comments and emails from readers is always one of the favorite parts of my week. Thank you.
One of the things that I kept finding ironic this weekend is that the first Thanksgiving was a celebration by the pilgrims of having enough to eat after switching from a collective socialism to a free market economy. As we celebrate their success, our leaders are rapidly trying to repeat their original failed collective experiment…the same one that has failed every time it’s been tried throughout history. So, this weekend, I’m very thankful for the rights and freedoms that I do get to enjoy on a daily basis.
I realize that our rights are being eroded on a continual basis…and that some “rights” that we “enjoy” are more of an illusion than a reality, but I still do my best to enjoy them while at the same time staying politically active by supporting politicians active in preserving and expanding individual freedoms.
I think it’s safe to say that this erosion and instability will continue, which means that it’s going to be that much more important for families to be self reliant. Self reliant people and preppers have always been and will always been a stabilizing force and a foundation for societies, and with that in mind, I present the case for why “preppers” are a stabilizing force for any neighborhood, city, region, or country.
There has been a lot of derogatory talk lately about “preppers” and “survivalists” and I’d like to take a minute to point out 10 reasons why preppers and survivalists have always been vital to the United States and why it is essential that we have as many as possible to survive future disasters.
1. FEMA–The cost for local, state, and federal agencies to plan, equip, and staff for EVERY disaster that might happen is cost prohibitive. When disasters strike, government is quick to talk, quick to “ramp up”, but government help is slow to come and inefficient when it arrives. The majority of the front line first responders are great people, but they’re hamstrung by bureaucratic sludge at every turn.
Survivalists and preppers on the other hand are able to act quickly and efficiently to take care of their own house and provide stability, structure, and assistance for their streets, neighborhoods, and beyond.
2. Stable Base–An organization (or nation) of people with specialized skills may accomplish great things when everything is going smoothly, but it quickly fall apart when trouble comes. The survivalist & prepper mindset of “Jack of all trades, master of ONE” makes for a stable organization (or nation). This statement is often misquoted as “master of none,” but that is incorrect, both in terms of the origin of the quote and in real world experiences.
3. Joseph in the Bible–Preppers/survivalists have been around saving the day since the beginning of time. In Genesis 37-50, Joseph sees trouble coming and prepares for seven years. At the end of seven years, a severe drought/famine hits that lasts for the next seven years. Because of Joseph’s preparations, Egypt survived the drought/famine and was able to help the surrounding nations. Before Jonah? How about Noah. God told him that trouble was coming and that he should prepare. Thankfully, he listened. Fast forward to the New Testament, and we see that Jesus told his disciples to sell their extra robes and buy a sword. And, in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus didn’t scold Peter for being prepared and having a sword…or for knowing how to use it. In fact, rather than telling him to throw it to the ground or get rid of it, he told him to re-sheath it.
4. Founding Fathers–With the Constitution and Bill of Rights, our founding fathers recognized that centralized power was a cancer and pushed responsibility from the federal government down to the individual citizen and promoted a survivalist/prepper mindset and way of life. They did it with the 2nd and 4th amendments, they did it by example (Washington leading a mostly barefoot, sick, famished, and under-armed army across the Delaware,) and they did it throughout their writing, “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.” –Ben Franklin
5. Siege warfare–Many of the things that happened after Katrina are textbook examples of why siege warfare is so effective. The normal city has a 6 hour to 3 day supply of food. The normal prepper has a 6-24 MONTH supply of food.
Which do you think is more stable in the event of a siege that is due to disasters or war? If you ONLY focus on food and water supplies, a city/county/region/country with many preppers will be much more resilient to being cut off from outside help than one with few preppers. This doesn’t have to be because of a malicious act…having a basic supply of food, water, and supplies keeps families from becoming refugees in natural disasters on a regular basis.
Food also keeps people who are “on the bubble” from going to the dark side and doing immoral and illegal things because they are hungry.
6. Independent from the government–How much leverage does an energy tax (or most other taxes) have on a family who’s living off the grid? The more self-reliant you are, the less control the government can exert over your life through taxes.
7. Criminals fear the aware and prepared–This is fairly straight forward. Preppers & survivalists gradually become more aware and prepared than the average person. This will show itself in your walk, in your eyes, and how you carry yourself. In short, you stop looking like a wounded gazelle and more like a badger…cute & cuddly, but ready to do anything necessary to stop a threat to him/herself or loved ones.
8. Tyrants fear survivalists and preppers–In addition to living a lifestyle that insulates them from siege, some taxes, and being nannied, survivalists and preppers are usually well armed & seek advanced training. Good men have nothing to fear from an armed populace, but tyrants who seek to control the lives of others will always try to disarm them first through confiscation, taxation, or pressure through media and the educational system.
It worked for Hitler, Mao, and many more narcissistic, mass murders suffering from munchausen by proxy throughout the ages. So far back, in fact, that Aristotle spoke extensively about how, in any society, those who control the arms control the state. (munchausen by proxy syndrome is where a caregiver exaggerates the sickness and helplessness of someone they’re caring for to get sympathy, admiration, aid, and to justify taking care of their every need. Many believe that Congress, as a whole, suffers from this syndrome)
9. More preppers = fewer refugees & faster recovery from disasters—After a local, regional, or national disaster, the number of refugees will be inversely proportional to the number of preppers & survivalists in the area. In other words, the more preppers you have in an area, the less strain the hospitals, volunteer organizations, and government run refugee centers will have.
10. More able to help their fellow man—After a disaster, you’re not going to see very many refugees donating their food/supplies/time. It’s not that they don’t want to, but rather it’s because they are in a fight for their lives and may be dehydrated, hungry, and tired.
Preppers and survivalists who have food storage, water or water treatment tools, and who have prepared themselves psychologically for disasters will be able to help in several ways. First, they’re less likely to become refugees or use the time/resources of first responders. Second, since they ARE prepared for disasters, they can help the people in their immediate area which will lessen the load on first responders and reduce the number of refugees. Third, by helping themselves and their neighbors, preppers will increase the quality of care for people who DO end up still needing first responder care or to relocate to a refugee center.
In short, the more survivalists and preppers that we have, the more stable our families, cities, and the country as a whole are. If you believe in this message, please forward it to your friends and family, tweet it, and link to it from your website or Facebook page.
Please let me know what you think about this by commenting below:
Tell me if you love it, hate it, or have additional points to add.
And, if you didn’t get the email last night about our Black Friday specials, here they are:
Time is short, and if you’re looking for the FASTEST way to get prepared for natural and manmade disasters, you want to head on over to Fastest Way To Prepare
For a more gritty and comprehensive survival course for people who anticipate needing to survive disasters in non-ideal situations like urban areas, suburbs, or anywhere, really, where you’ll be interacting with people on a regular basis, you want to sign up for the Survive In Place course.
The two courses mesh together quite efficiently and most people who sign up for one end up getting both, but regardless of whether you get one or both today, I STRONGLY encourage you to sign up at this EXTREMELY rare price.
Again, click on these links to get the special pricing:
And, if everyone you care about doesn’t have a deck of Urban Survival Playing Cards in every vehicle, GO Bag and 72 hour kit, you obviously need more 🙂 I’ll have other offers on the cards in the coming days, but here’s how to get 1 deck for free: Urban Survival Playing Cards
God bless, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and keep making forward progress on your preparations.