Welcome to this week’s Survive The Coming Collapse newsletter, brought to you by Free Survival Cheat Sheets.com, a set of quick, actionable, and free preparedness and survival tips and tricks from the The Fastest Way To Prepare course.
Survival Diva here to discuss one of the most important tools we can possess to make it through a crisis; Survival Personality Traits. And in light of the upcoming congressional vote on whether or not the US will participate in military action against Syria and the dire warnings Russia has been sending our elected officials, now seems like a good time for this inspiring list from The Survivors Club website, titled “12 Essential Traits That Make You A Survivor” . Take a look and see if you agree.
- Adaptability With the skill of adaptability you have the capacity to adjust to new situations and change your attitude and behavior to handle new challenges as they arise. When an obstacle gets in your way, you can modify your approach to accomplish your goals. You quickly let go of the way it used to be and use new strategies and tactics to fit the emerging reality. More than any other psychological strength, adaptability determines who gets into the Survivors Club.
- Resilience You have the ability to bend like a tree in the wind. But you will not break in the face of any adversity in your life. You have the power to rebound and recoil back to your feet. You get up when you are knocked down and continue forward persevering through these hard times. You keep trying even when others around you have fallen off or quit. You refuse to give up.
- Faith Faith is the most powerful and universal survival tool. You trust that God or a higher power has a plan and will look after you. You will be steered through difficult times and trust that you will be given guidance on your actions. If you listen, you will be shown the way. In a crisis, faith gives you remarkable power and confidence to prevail in the face of any form of adversity.
- Hope You believe that no matter how bad life gets, everything will turn out for the best in the end. Your hope isn’t just a rosy sunset on a Hallmark card; it’s a combination of optimism and realism. You are confident that your wishes and desires will be fulfilled. You are an upbeat person who turns negative feelings into positive thoughts. You have power to laugh in the darkest times and see humor even in the toughest situations.
- Purpose Purpose is the booster rocket of survival. You have a passion for life and your dreams. This gives you the power and drive to persevere in the face of incredible adversity. You’re determined and focused on accomplishing your objectives no matter what tries to slow you down. Life is a gift and you plan to make the most out of it. You are driven by a profound sense of duty to a cause and are willing to work tirelessly for your purpose.
- TenacityYour tenacity is the superglue that keeps you strong in the toughest times. You are capable of holding on throughout any crisis and far out last others around you. You’ve got the persistence and determination to stick to it and keep stepping forward. You’ve got the grit and toughness to hold on when others can’t take the punishment. Sure life hurts everyone, but you can handle the pain and keep going.
- Love You will do anything and go to any lengths for the people you love. Your bonds with family and friends are unbreakable and give you reason to live. Other people depend on you, and you will never let them down. You believe that love is the ultimate purpose. Even in the worst times, the love around you and inside you gives you the strength to go on and thrive.
- Empathy In a crisis, your ability to help others turns out to be a very powerful way to help yourself. Your compassion motivates you to help other people stricken by misfortune. You will do anything to reduce their suffering. When others resort to selfish means of survival, you on the other hand think of others first. You are good at reading new situations and people, and you’re always aware of your surroundings.
- IntelligenceYou’ve got brains and a talent for learning, thinking and problem solving. Your intelligence is a powerful tool against adversity as well. You see complex and dangerous situations clearly. You examine problems from multiple angles to find realistic solutions. In a crisis, you can figure things out and understand what’s going to happen next.
- Ingenuity You are clever, inventive and resourceful. You can apply acquired knowledge from other situations to overcome immediate challenges. You are a real-life Angus MacGyver, the 1980s secret agent on television. You were given the gift of bricolage: the art of building things from whatever materials are available. You are an improviser and enjoy innovation and invention. Your ingenuity helps you survive adversity.
- Flow You are like a river. You move forward, steadily, relentlessly, and with apparent ease and effortlessness. You don’t need to make adjustments. You sail along, freely and calmly without fuss or muss. You stay cool when others panic and relax when others stress out. You understand the futility — and danger — of trying to control the uncontrollable. Facing a crisis, some fight and others flee, but you flow.
- Instinct You posses a remarkable gift that isn’t learned or taught. You have the innate power of instinct and intuition. You don’t need to think very hard — you don’t panic or obsess — you simply act. Your gut feelings come naturally and automatically and you trust yourself to do what’s necessary. In a crisis, you gain immediate insight into your challenge and know what to do. You see signs of danger before anyone else.
Do you feel you posses several or most of the survival traits above that will see you through a crisis, be it a natural disaster, economic meltdown, war, or something that comes at us from the heavens? My guess is that the answer is yes!
These traits are what saw families through the Civil War while the men were away at war. It was up to the women and children to farm, tend farm animals, and work the field to grow crops to keep from starving to death. For southerners the stakes were even higher when their seaports were blockaded and the price of goods spiraled out of control. Suddenly products and foods were in short supply, or were no longer available at any price. Diaries and letters during that time discussed shortages of cloth, sewing notions and bulk foods like grains, coffee, tea, salt, soda and sugar. Clothes were mended and were often threadbare. Buttons were another item that were difficult to find, so persimmon seeds were used in their place.
Paper, envelopes and ink weren’t available, which forced people to use whatever they could find to write on and they used oak balls or walnut juice for ink.
In another era, during The Great Depression, people banded together for survival (we are seeing this today as grown children return home after a job loss). The people back then were flexible; accepting any kind of work or multiple piece-meal jobs to make ends meet. Some rented out rooms for the extra cash flow it brought in. Many gardened and raised chickens which greatly increased the odds of their survival. Throughout the years of the Great Depression, people made do with what they had and patched their clothes when needed rather than purchasing new, and they became adapt as bartering for goods and services.
Do you agree with the 12 survival traits included in this post or do you have others you feel should be included? How important do you believe these personality traits are for long-term survival? Please share by posting below!
For more on the survival mindset and how to have the most powerful survival tool in the world available to you 24/7, attached to your shoulders, check out the SurviveInPlace.com course, the FastestWayToPrepare.com course, or The Survivor’s Club. It’s a great book, very complimentary to my books, and is oftentimes bundled with one or more of my books on Amazon. To read more about the Survivor’s Club, click >HERE<
Chapter 21 of the book, Implant, is available. Click Here to continue reading.
God bless and stay safe,
David Morris and Survival Diva